Should I buy or rent a home in Nairobi?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Nairobi, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"Buying a home in Nairobi can be a great investment, as the city is growing rapidly and property values are increasing. However, it is important to consider the cost of living in the city, as well as the availability of housing. Renting a home in Nairobi can be a more affordable option, and it can also provide more flexibility if you are not sure how long you will be living in the city. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Nairobi will depend on your individual needs and budget," wrote a member who made the move to Nairobi, Kenya.
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do expats in Nairobi appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nairobi?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nairobi accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nairobi like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nairobi?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- What are emergency services like in Nairobi?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nairobi?
- How are local medical facilities in Nairobi?
- As a foreigner living in Nairobi, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Nairobi?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question.