Should I buy or rent a home in Bishkek?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Bishkek, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"When deciding whether to buy or rent a home in Bishkek, it is important to consider your budget, lifestyle, and long-term plans. Buying a home in Bishkek can be a great investment, as property values are likely to increase over time. However, it is important to factor in the cost of maintenance and repairs, as well as the cost of a down payment. Renting a home in Bishkek can be a more affordable option, and it can provide more flexibility if you are not sure how long you will be living in the city. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Bishkek should be based on your individual needs and preferences," remarked another expat who made the move to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- What should I pack when moving to Bishkek?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bishkek?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bishkek?
- What is life like in Bishkek?
- What do expats in Bishkek appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Bishkek?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Bishkek accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Bishkek like?
- What are healthcare services like in Bishkek?
- What are medical services in Bishkek like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bishkek?
- What are emergency services like in Bishkek?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Bishkek?
- How are local medical facilities in Bishkek?
- As a foreigner living in Bishkek, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Bishkek?If you live in Bishkek, newcomers to Bishkek would love to hear your answer to this question.