Should I buy or rent a home in Leiden?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Leiden, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"Buying a home in Leiden can be a great investment. The city is known for its vibrant culture, beautiful architecture, and excellent quality of life. The cost of living is relatively low compared to other cities in the Netherlands, making it an attractive option for those looking to purchase a home. Renting a home in Leiden can also be a great option, as it allows you to enjoy the city without the commitment of a long-term purchase. Additionally, the rental market in Leiden is quite competitive, so you may be able to find a great deal on a rental property. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Leiden will depend on your individual needs and preferences," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Leiden, The Netherlands.
- What should I pack when moving to Leiden?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Leiden?
- Will I be able to find a job in Leiden?
- What is life like in Leiden?
- What do expats in Leiden appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Leiden?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Leiden accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Leiden like?
- What are healthcare services like in Leiden?
- What are medical services in Leiden like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Leiden?
- What are emergency services like in Leiden?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Leiden?
- How are local medical facilities in Leiden?
- As a foreigner living in Leiden, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Leiden?If you live in Leiden, newcomers to Leiden would love to hear your answer to this question.