What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
When we asked what advice they have for others considering retiring abroad, they advised...
"Retirees in Bishkek recommend researching the local culture and customs before making the move. It is also important to make sure that you have access to the necessary healthcare and other services that you may need. Additionally, it is important to make sure that you have a good understanding of the local language, as this will make it easier to get around and communicate with locals. Finally, it is important to make sure that you have a good support network in place, as this will help you to adjust to your new life abroad," remarked another expat in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- What should I pack when moving to Bishkek?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bishkek?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bishkek?
- What is life like in Bishkek?
- What do expats in Bishkek appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Bishkek?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Bishkek accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Bishkek like?
- What are healthcare services like in Bishkek?
- What are medical services in Bishkek like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bishkek?
- What are emergency services like in Bishkek?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Bishkek?
- How are local medical facilities in Bishkek?
- As a foreigner living in Bishkek, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?If you live in Bishkek, newcomers to Bishkek would love to hear your answer to this question.