How do I meet people in Grenoble?
When we asked people living in Grenoble about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded...
"For English speakers of any nationality, try Open House which offers activities of many sorts (from the cerebral to the just plain silly!) It aims to cater for all. The majority of members are American so activities are perhaps a little biased that way, but the aim is to welcome everyone. For French speakers, or those aspiring to speak French, don't forget AVF (Accueil Villes Francaises). This is actually an organisation for French people moving to a new town (the name means New Town Welcome), but they are very welcoming to all newcomers," remarked another expat in Grenoble, France.
"In Grenoble, Open House is nothing short of fantastic. They are English-speakers of all nationalities and French joining together for varied activities. All ages and interests are served. From hiking to book clubs to baby and toddler groups, there is something for everyone. They maintain lists of recommendations and services with English speaking providers. Find more info at http://www.geocities.com/open_house_grenoble/," said a member in Grenoble, France.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Grenoble?
- What do I need to know before moving to Grenoble?
- How do I find a place to live in Grenoble?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Grenoble?
- What is the average cost of housing in Grenoble?
- How do I meet people in Grenoble?
- What should I pack when moving to Grenoble?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Grenoble?
- Will I be able to find a job in Grenoble?
- What is life like in Grenoble?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Grenoble?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Grenoble?
- What is the social scene like in Grenoble?
- What advice to expats in Grenoble have about housing?
- What are medical services in Grenoble like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Grenoble?
- Is the cost of living in Grenoble high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Grenoble?
- Why do people move to Grenoble?
How do I meet people in Grenoble?If you live in Grenoble, newcomers to Grenoble would love to hear your answer to this question.