How do I meet people in Lyon?
When we asked people living in Lyon about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded...
"Expats in Lyon join a variety of clubs and activities to meet people and acclimate to the region. Popular activities include outdoor sports teams such as running, cycling, and sailing, and organized sports like rugby, basketball and soccer. Language exchange groups are also popular, as many locals are bilingual in English and French, and some meetups are held for those interested in conversing in any foreign language. Expats who would like to get educated about the local culture can also join cooking, painting and photography classes. Other ways for expats to meet people in their new community are joining social media groups, connecting with other expats through shared interests such as health, wellness, music and art, and taking part in volunteer organizations," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Lyon, France, France.
"I have been nicely surprised on how big the community of expats is in France. We are lucky to have: meetup.com/cities/fr/lyon/ - smaller groups of expats who organizes meetings close to their interests onlylyon.com - very useful for info and events happening in Lyon internations.org/start, which actively organizes events for expats," commented one expat who made the move to Lyon, France.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What do I need to know before retiring in Lyon?
- What do I need to know before moving to Lyon?
- How do I find a place to live in Lyon?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lyon?
- What is the average cost of housing in Lyon?
- How do I meet people in Lyon?
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Lyon?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Lyon?
- What is the social scene like in Lyon?
- What advice to expats in Lyon have about housing?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- Is the cost of living in Lyon high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Lyon?
- Why do people move to Lyon?
How do I meet people in Lyon?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question.