How do I meet people in Nairobi?
When we asked people living in Nairobi about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded...
"Expats in Nairobi can join a variety of clubs and activities, such as sports clubs, book clubs, and language exchange groups. Expats can also meet people by attending events hosted by the local expat community, such as networking events, art exhibitions, and music concerts. Additionally, expats can join online forums and social media groups to connect with other expats living in Nairobi. Finally, expats can meet people by attending local festivals and events, such as the Nairobi International Film Festival and the Nairobi Marathon," wrote a member who made the move to Nairobi, Kenya.
"Nairobi is one of those rare places where you may be as invisible as you wish. It has this vibe where many people disappear home with their families not to be seen for months; they are chilling out, watching their gardens, writing books, taking their kids to the cinema, being romantic old fashioned families. Schools are a main socializing point its very old school and traditional. Malls and gyms provide many points of contact. We have harriers, which I hear is a great way to meet people. Java coffee shop with its world famous coffee and cuisine is also a fine way to meet up. There are wonderful art galleries such as Ramoma. The Alliance Francaise has film festivals and very good exhibitions and plays. Nightlife and Eating out we have a wide array of wonderful places to eat check out; http://www.eatout.co.ke such a lovely array of wonderful places to eat. Nightlife = www. xpatlink.info," explained one expat living in Nairobi, Kenya.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Nairobi?
- What do I need to know before moving to Nairobi?
- How do I find a place to live in Nairobi?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Nairobi?
- What is the average cost of housing in Nairobi?
- How do I meet people in Nairobi?
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Nairobi?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Nairobi?
- What is the social scene like in Nairobi?
- What advice to expats in Nairobi have about housing?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- Is the cost of living in Nairobi high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Nairobi?
- Why do people move to Nairobi?
How do I meet people in Nairobi?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question.