What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Hamilton is a unique experience. The city is a vibrant and bustling hub of activity, with plenty of opportunities for work, leisure, and exploration. The city is known for its stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and lush tropical vegetation. Expats and digital nomads can enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the city, as well as the convenience of modern amenities. The cost of living is relatively low, and the city is well-connected to the rest of the world, making it an ideal destination for those looking to work remotely. The locals are friendly and welcoming, and the city is a great place to make new friends and explore the culture," remarked another expat who made the move to Hamilton, Bermuda.
"I found family, religion and social events to be a very high priority to most people. Also, in this country where the cost of living is extremely high, finances (money) is also a priority to many people. Many Bermudians work two or three different jobs to make ends meet and to afford a house. I also found public holidays to be very important social and family events, especially Cup Match (2 day at the end of July, start of August). This one is probably more important than Christmas/NYE," explained one expat living in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Hamilton?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hamilton?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hamilton?
- What is life like in Hamilton?
- What do expats in Hamilton appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hamilton?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hamilton accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hamilton like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hamilton?
- What are medical services in Hamilton like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hamilton?
- What are emergency services like in Hamilton?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hamilton?
- How are local medical facilities in Hamilton?
- As a foreigner living in Hamilton, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Hamilton, newcomers to Hamilton would love to hear your answer to this question.