What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Heidelberg is a popular destination for expats and digital nomads due to its vibrant culture, excellent public transportation, and proximity to other major cities in Germany. Expats and digital nomads in Heidelberg can enjoy a wide variety of activities, from exploring the city's historic sites to taking advantage of its many outdoor activities. The city also offers a wide range of restaurants, bars, and cafes, making it easy to find a place to socialize and meet new people. Additionally, Heidelberg is home to a number of coworking spaces, making it an ideal place for digital nomads to work and collaborate. Overall, Heidelberg is a great place for expats and digital nomads to live and work, offering a unique blend of culture, convenience, and opportunity," said another expat in Heidelberg, Germany.
"It is a university town, so there's always a lot of nightlife and cultural/academic events. It's population is too diverse to generalize, but it doesn't seem to have as much of a materialistic 9-5 business-minded attitude as I'd imagine would exist in a larger city," wrote a member who made the move to Heidelberg, Germany.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Heidelberg?
- What do I need to know before moving to Heidelberg?
- How do I find a place to live in Heidelberg?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Heidelberg?
- What is the average cost of housing in Heidelberg?
- How do I meet people in Heidelberg?
- What should I pack when moving to Heidelberg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Heidelberg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Heidelberg?
- What is life like in Heidelberg?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Heidelberg?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Heidelberg?
- What is the social scene like in Heidelberg?
- What advice to expats in Heidelberg have about housing?
- What are medical services in Heidelberg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Heidelberg?
- Is the cost of living in Heidelberg high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Heidelberg?
- Why do people move to Heidelberg?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Heidelberg, newcomers to Heidelberg would love to hear your answer to this question.