What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Heidelberg is a popular destination for expats and digital nomads due to its vibrant culture, excellent public transportation, and proximity to other major cities in Germany. Expats and digital nomads in Heidelberg can enjoy a wide variety of activities, from exploring the city's historic sites to taking advantage of its many outdoor activities. The city also offers a wide range of restaurants, bars, and cafes, making it easy to find a place to socialize and meet new people. Additionally, Heidelberg is home to a number of coworking spaces, making it an ideal place for digital nomads to work and collaborate. Overall, Heidelberg is a great place for expats and digital nomads to live and work, offering a unique blend of culture, convenience, and opportunity," commented one expat who made the move to Heidelberg, Germany.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"It is a university town, so there's always a lot of nightlife and cultural/academic events. It's population is too diverse to generalize, but it doesn't seem to have as much of a materialistic 9-5 business-minded attitude as I'd imagine would exist in a larger city," remarked another expat in Heidelberg, Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Heidelberg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Heidelberg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Heidelberg?
- What is life like in Heidelberg?
- What do expats in Heidelberg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Heidelberg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Heidelberg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Heidelberg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Heidelberg?
- What are medical services in Heidelberg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Heidelberg?
- What are emergency services like in Heidelberg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Heidelberg?
- How are local medical facilities in Heidelberg?
- As a foreigner living in Heidelberg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Heidelberg, newcomers to Heidelberg would love to hear your answer to this question.