What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Living in Alexandria as an expat or digital nomad can be an exciting and rewarding experience. The city is known for its vibrant culture, beautiful beaches, and rich history. Expats and digital nomads can enjoy the city's many attractions, such as the Alexandria Library, the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, and the Montazah Palace. The city also offers a wide range of activities, from shopping and dining to exploring the Mediterranean Sea. Expats and digital nomads can also take advantage of the city's excellent transportation system, which includes buses, taxis, and the Alexandria Metro. The cost of living in Alexandria is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to live and work abroad," said another expat in Alexandria, Egypt.
"In Egypt, Family is number one but going for coffee is right up there as well. Going to the mall (Carfor) seems to be a big deal here," wrote a member who made the move to Alexandria, Egypt.
- What should I pack when moving to Alexandria?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Alexandria?
- Will I be able to find a job in Alexandria?
- What is life like in Alexandria?
- What do expats in Alexandria appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Alexandria?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Alexandria accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Alexandria like?
- What are healthcare services like in Alexandria?
- What are medical services in Alexandria like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Alexandria?
- What are emergency services like in Alexandria?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Alexandria?
- How are local medical facilities in Alexandria?
- As a foreigner living in Alexandria, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Alexandria, newcomers to Alexandria would love to hear your answer to this question.