What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in San Salvador is generally quite pleasant. The city is vibrant and full of culture, with plenty of restaurants, bars, and cafes to explore. The cost of living is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to stretch their budget. The locals are friendly and welcoming, and the city is relatively safe. The climate is tropical, with temperatures ranging from warm to hot year-round. The city is well-connected, with good public transportation and plenty of options for getting around. Overall, San Salvador is an excellent destination for expats and digital nomads looking for an affordable and enjoyable place to live," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to San Salvador, El Salvador.
"Family life is very important to the Salvadorans. Work dominates during the week and Saturdays for those that have to put in a 6 day work week, but you see families spending time together whenever possible. It's one of the things I like most about living in Latin America. I am very fortunate that I have been dating a Salvadoran for most of my stay. She has a large extended family which I have been adopted into," commented one expat who made the move to San Salvador, El Salvador.
- What should I pack when moving to San Salvador?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Salvador?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Salvador?
- What is life like in San Salvador?
- What do expats in San Salvador appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in San Salvador?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in San Salvador accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in San Salvador like?
- What are healthcare services like in San Salvador?
- What are medical services in San Salvador like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Salvador?
- What are emergency services like in San Salvador?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in San Salvador?
- How are local medical facilities in San Salvador?
- As a foreigner living in San Salvador, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in San Salvador, newcomers to San Salvador would love to hear your answer to this question.