What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Lyon is a great city for expats and digital nomads, offering a vibrant culture, excellent food, and a great quality of life. The city is well connected, with excellent public transport, making it easy to get around. The cost of living is relatively low compared to other cities in France, making it an attractive option for those looking to live and work in the city. The city is also home to a large expat community, making it easy to meet people and make friends. The city also offers a wide range of activities and attractions, from museums and galleries to parks and outdoor activities, making it a great place to explore and enjoy," commented one expat who made the move to Lyon, France.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
"J'adore Lyon! It's an amazing place! Not only because of the history and landscape, but I especially love it because of the people. They are very authentic French! They love their city, they love their food, they enjoy life and they appreciate good quality of life. What I noticed is that they are very family oriented, they spend time together and do many activities, they care about the city and they appreciate it. They are very welcoming and helpful....and they will help you learn French as English is not popular here as in Paris ;-)," remarked another expat in Lyon, France.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Lyon?
- What do I need to know before moving to Lyon?
- How do I find a place to live in Lyon?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lyon?
- What is the average cost of housing in Lyon?
- How do I meet people in Lyon?
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Lyon?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Lyon?
- What is the social scene like in Lyon?
- What advice to expats in Lyon have about housing?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- Is the cost of living in Lyon high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Lyon?
- Why do people move to Lyon?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question.