What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Lake Atitlan is generally peaceful and relaxed. The lake is surrounded by three volcanoes and is known for its stunning views and vibrant culture. Expats and digital nomads can enjoy the lake's many activities, such as swimming, kayaking, and fishing. The area also offers a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, mountain biking, and bird watching. The local towns offer a variety of restaurants, cafes, and bars, as well as markets and shops. The cost of living is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to live and work remotely. The locals are friendly and welcoming, making it easy to integrate into the community," remarked another expat in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Lake Atitlan?
- What do I need to know before moving to Lake Atitlan?
- How do I find a place to live in Lake Atitlan?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lake Atitlan?
- What is the average cost of housing in Lake Atitlan?
- How do I meet people in Lake Atitlan?
- What should I pack when moving to Lake Atitlan?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lake Atitlan?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lake Atitlan?
- What is life like in Lake Atitlan?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Lake Atitlan?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Lake Atitlan?
- What is the social scene like in Lake Atitlan?
- What advice to expats in Lake Atitlan have about housing?
- What are medical services in Lake Atitlan like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lake Atitlan?
- Is the cost of living in Lake Atitlan high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Lake Atitlan?
- Why do people move to Lake Atitlan?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Lake Atitlan, newcomers to Lake Atitlan would love to hear your answer to this question.