What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Panajachel is generally quite pleasant. The town is situated on the shores of Lake Atitlan, offering stunning views and a peaceful atmosphere. The cost of living is low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to stretch their budget. The locals are friendly and welcoming, and the town is well-connected to other parts of Guatemala, making it easy to explore the country. There is a vibrant expat community in Panajachel, with plenty of opportunities to meet other like-minded people. The town also offers a range of activities, from hiking and kayaking to exploring the local markets and enjoying the local cuisine. All in all, Panajachel is an ideal destination for expats and digital nomads looking for a peaceful and affordable place to live," remarked another expat who made the move to Panajachel, Guatemala.
"People are pretty much having a great time having a good life. Not too many expat with families," explained one expat living in Panajachel, Guatemala.
- What should I pack when moving to Panajachel?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Panajachel?
- Will I be able to find a job in Panajachel?
- What is life like in Panajachel?
- What do expats in Panajachel appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Panajachel?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Panajachel accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Panajachel like?
- What are healthcare services like in Panajachel?
- What are medical services in Panajachel like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Panajachel?
- What are emergency services like in Panajachel?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Panajachel?
- How are local medical facilities in Panajachel?
- As a foreigner living in Panajachel, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Panajachel, newcomers to Panajachel would love to hear your answer to this question.