What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Nairobi is an exciting and vibrant experience. The city is a bustling hub of culture, art, and business, and offers a wide range of activities and attractions for those looking to explore. Expats and digital nomads can find a variety of coworking spaces, cafes, and restaurants to work from, as well as a vibrant nightlife and plenty of outdoor activities. The cost of living is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to live and work abroad. The city is also home to a diverse population, making it a great place to meet people from all over the world," explained one expat living in Nairobi, Kenya.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"Nairobi is traditional work first. But there is plenty of fun to be had many people take advantage of the holiday homes that dot the country and the absolutely stunning beaches of Watamu, Lamu and Diani. The cottages are mostly second homes for old Kenya families and steeped in beauty with tumbling exotic flowers and large open spaces to inhale the views; www.holidayhomeskenya.com Kids are very treasured and there is plenty to do; Go to the National Park for a picnic catch sight of a lion or two. Splash and The Village Market have water parks that are wonderful. Paradise Lost is a large picnic site complete with boats and camels and ancient caves. www.kenyakidz.com," said another expat in Nairobi, Kenya.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do expats in Nairobi appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nairobi?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nairobi accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nairobi like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nairobi?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- What are emergency services like in Nairobi?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nairobi?
- How are local medical facilities in Nairobi?
- As a foreigner living in Nairobi, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question.