What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Nairobi is an exciting and vibrant experience. The city is a bustling hub of culture, art, and business, and offers a wide range of activities and attractions for those looking to explore. Expats and digital nomads can find a variety of coworking spaces, cafes, and restaurants to work from, as well as a vibrant nightlife and plenty of outdoor activities. The cost of living is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to live and work abroad. The city is also home to a diverse population, making it a great place to meet people from all over the world," remarked another expat who made the move to Nairobi, Kenya.
"Nairobi is traditional work first. But there is plenty of fun to be had many people take advantage of the holiday homes that dot the country and the absolutely stunning beaches of Watamu, Lamu and Diani. The cottages are mostly second homes for old Kenya families and steeped in beauty with tumbling exotic flowers and large open spaces to inhale the views; www.holidayhomeskenya.com Kids are very treasured and there is plenty to do; Go to the National Park for a picnic catch sight of a lion or two. Splash and The Village Market have water parks that are wonderful. Paradise Lost is a large picnic site complete with boats and camels and ancient caves. www.kenyakidz.com," explained one expat living in Nairobi, Kenya.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Nairobi?
- What do I need to know before moving to Nairobi?
- How do I find a place to live in Nairobi?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Nairobi?
- What is the average cost of housing in Nairobi?
- How do I meet people in Nairobi?
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Nairobi?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Nairobi?
- What is the social scene like in Nairobi?
- What advice to expats in Nairobi have about housing?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- Is the cost of living in Nairobi high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Nairobi?
- Why do people move to Nairobi?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question.