What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"The Hague is a great city for expats and digital nomads, offering a high quality of life and plenty of opportunities for networking and socializing. The city is well-connected, with excellent public transport links to the rest of the Netherlands and beyond. Expats and digital nomads can enjoy the city's vibrant cultural scene, with plenty of museums, galleries, and theatres to explore. The Hague also has a great selection of restaurants, cafes, and bars, as well as plenty of green spaces to relax in. The city is also home to a large international community, making it easy to meet people from all over the world," wrote a member who made the move to The Hague, The Netherlands.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"The Hague is the seat of government for the Netherlands. So in addition to the Queen, Ministries and Dutch Parliament, it is home to foreign embassies and a host of international organizations (many UN) as well as international businesses. I think of it as a capital city with a small town feel. Lots of greenery and park land, with beautiful dune beaches along the North Sea. Plenty to do, with fewer tourists than in Amsterdam," explained one expat living in The Hague, Netherlands.
- What should I pack when moving to The Hague?
- Where should I setup a bank account in The Hague?
- Will I be able to find a job in The Hague?
- What is life like in The Hague?
- What do expats in The Hague appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in The Hague?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in The Hague accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in The Hague like?
- What are healthcare services like in The Hague?
- What are medical services in The Hague like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in The Hague?
- What are emergency services like in The Hague?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in The Hague?
- How are local medical facilities in The Hague?
- As a foreigner living in The Hague, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in The Hague, newcomers to The Hague would love to hear your answer to this question.