What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Wellington is a great place for expats and digital nomads to live. The city is known for its vibrant culture, stunning scenery, and friendly locals. Expats and digital nomads can enjoy the city's many attractions, such as the Te Papa Museum, the Wellington Zoo, and the Wellington Cable Car. The city also offers a wide range of activities, from hiking and biking to kayaking and sailing. The cost of living in Wellington is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for expats and digital nomads. Additionally, the city is well-connected with the rest of the country, making it easy to explore other parts of New Zealand. With its diverse culture, stunning scenery, and low cost of living, Wellington is an ideal destination for expats and digital nomads," remarked another expat who made the move to Wellington, New Zealand.
- What should I pack when moving to Wellington?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Wellington?
- Will I be able to find a job in Wellington?
- What is life like in Wellington?
- What do expats in Wellington appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Wellington?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Wellington accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Wellington like?
- What are healthcare services like in Wellington?
- What are medical services in Wellington like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Wellington?
- What are emergency services like in Wellington?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Wellington?
- How are local medical facilities in Wellington?
- As a foreigner living in Wellington, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Wellington, newcomers to Wellington would love to hear your answer to this question.