Will I be able to find a job in Johannesburg?
When we asked people about industries and career opportunities in Johannesburg, they reponded...
"Foreigners in Johannesburg often work in a variety of industries, including hospitality, retail, finance, IT, engineering, and healthcare. Many foreigners also work as English teachers, tour guides, and in other service-oriented roles. Additionally, there are many opportunities for foreigners to work in the creative industries, such as film, music, and design," remarked another expat who made the move to Johannesburg, South Africa.
"The main industries are extremely diverse from mining to banking as well as the fact that Joburg is probably the capital of southern Africa which brings in all the embassies, the UN, etc. I'm not sure how difficult it would be for a person trying to move here without a job. Because of affirmative action and Black Empowerment, finding a job (unless you are previously disadvantaged in this country) is probably tricky," explained one expat living in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- What should I pack when moving to Johannesburg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Johannesburg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Johannesburg?
- What is life like in Johannesburg?
- What do expats in Johannesburg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Johannesburg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Johannesburg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Johannesburg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Johannesburg?
- What are medical services in Johannesburg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Johannesburg?
- What are emergency services like in Johannesburg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Johannesburg?
- How are local medical facilities in Johannesburg?
- As a foreigner living in Johannesburg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I be able to find a job in Johannesburg?If you live in Johannesburg, newcomers to Johannesburg would love to hear your answer to this question.