Will I be able to find a job in Geneva?
When we asked people about industries and career opportunities in Geneva, they reponded...
"Foreigners often have jobs in Geneva in a variety of industries, such as finance, hospitality, education, and healthcare. Many foreigners work in the banking and finance sector, providing services such as asset management, investment banking, and financial analysis. Other foreigners work in the hospitality industry, providing services such as hotel management, restaurant management, and catering. Foreigners also often work in the education sector, providing services such as teaching, tutoring, and research. Finally, foreigners often work in the healthcare sector, providing services such as nursing, medical research, and medical administration," remarked another expat in Geneva, Switzerland.
"International diplomacy and commerce dominate the workplace. A handy footnote for spouses of people who are posted to Geneva, you do not need a visa to work for the internationals and your salaries are not taxed when you do. Temp work is available that is very interesting and challenging. The best, and practically the only way into that system is through connections, i.e. the "old boy network". Steno skills help as do language skills but there are many diverse opportunities for what they call "local hires" as opposed to the recruitment of international "experts"," said a member in Geneva, Switzerland.
- What should I pack when moving to Geneva?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Geneva?
- Will I be able to find a job in Geneva?
- What is life like in Geneva?
- What do expats in Geneva appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Geneva?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Geneva accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Geneva like?
- What are healthcare services like in Geneva?
- What are medical services in Geneva like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Geneva?
- What are emergency services like in Geneva?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Geneva?
- How are local medical facilities in Geneva?
- As a foreigner living in Geneva, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I be able to find a job in Geneva?If you live in Geneva, newcomers to Geneva would love to hear your answer to this question.