Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Phuket accepting of differences?
When we asked people about diversity in Phuket and whether locals are accepting of differences, they said...
"Phuket is extremely diverse, with people coming from all over Thailand and the world. The various ethnicities and religions living in and visiting Phuket are generally welcomed and accepted. There are plenty of open-minded individuals who contribute to a diverse, accepting society, and a culture that both respects and celebrates differences," remarked another expat who made the move to Phuket, Thailand.
"Quite diverse - Thais from all over Thailand, Foreigners - mostly from Europe but also lots of Aussies and Americans," explained one expat living in Phuket, Thailand.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Phuket?
- What do I need to know before moving to Phuket?
- How do I find a place to live in Phuket?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Phuket?
- What is the average cost of housing in Phuket?
- How do I meet people in Phuket?
- What should I pack when moving to Phuket?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Phuket?
- Will I be able to find a job in Phuket?
- What is life like in Phuket?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Phuket?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Phuket?
- What is the social scene like in Phuket?
- What advice to expats in Phuket have about housing?
- What are medical services in Phuket like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Phuket?
- Is the cost of living in Phuket high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Phuket?
- Why do people move to Phuket?
Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Phuket accepting of differences?If you live in Phuket, newcomers to Phuket would love to hear your answer to this question.