Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Heidelberg accepting of differences?
When we asked people about diversity in Heidelberg and whether locals are accepting of differences, they said...
"Heidelberg is a diverse city, with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living and working there. The city is known for its acceptance of differences, and people from all walks of life are welcomed and respected. Heidelberg is a place where people of all backgrounds can feel at home and be accepted for who they are," wrote a member who made the move to Heidelberg, Germany.
"Heidelberg has a very diverse and international character as a result of several factors. Most notable is the city's large and prestigious university, which attracts lots of German and international students. The city also has large expat and immigrant communities. The U.S. military installations in and around the city and the military personell and civillian workers who live offbase. Because of the academic and international character of the town, most people speak some degree of English," explained one expat living in Heidelberg, Germany.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Heidelberg?
- What do I need to know before moving to Heidelberg?
- How do I find a place to live in Heidelberg?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Heidelberg?
- What is the average cost of housing in Heidelberg?
- How do I meet people in Heidelberg?
- What should I pack when moving to Heidelberg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Heidelberg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Heidelberg?
- What is life like in Heidelberg?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Heidelberg?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Heidelberg?
- What is the social scene like in Heidelberg?
- What advice to expats in Heidelberg have about housing?
- What are medical services in Heidelberg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Heidelberg?
- Is the cost of living in Heidelberg high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Heidelberg?
- Why do people move to Heidelberg?
Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Heidelberg accepting of differences?If you live in Heidelberg, newcomers to Heidelberg would love to hear your answer to this question.