Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Accra accepting of differences?
When we asked people about diversity in Accra and whether locals are accepting of differences, they said...
"Yes, there is a lot of diversity in Accra. The city is home to people from many different ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, and people are generally accepting of differences. Accra is known for its vibrant culture and its welcoming attitude towards visitors from all walks of life," remarked another expat who made the move to Accra, Ghana.
"Yes - within the local community there are Christian (Apostles) and Islam and Expats are from around the world. There are also many Africans from other nations. Tolerance is generally very high however, there is a tendency to take advantage of Expats within Accra and they are not as welcoming and friendly as Ghanians from the country," explained one expat living in Accra, Ghana.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Accra?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Accra?
- Will I be able to find a job in Accra?
- What is life like in Accra?
- What do expats in Accra appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Accra?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Accra accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Accra like?
- What are healthcare services like in Accra?
- What are medical services in Accra like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Accra?
- What are emergency services like in Accra?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Accra?
- How are local medical facilities in Accra?
- As a foreigner living in Accra, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Accra accepting of differences?If you live in Accra, newcomers to Accra would love to hear your answer to this question.