Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Almaty accepting of differences?
When we asked people about diversity in Almaty and whether locals are accepting of differences, they said...
"Almaty is a diverse city with a population that is made up of many different ethnicities, religions, and cultures. People in Almaty are generally accepting of differences and are tolerant of different beliefs and lifestyles. The city is home to a variety of religious and cultural institutions, and there are many opportunities for people of different backgrounds to interact and learn from one another," remarked another expat who made the move to Almaty, Kazakhstan.
"It's generally very relaxed. There is no dress code the women in summer wear very revealing clothes. Generally people are smartly dressed only the expats wear shorts in town. I have never seen homosexuals openly walking hand in hand as in Europe so I have the impression this is not tolerated, nor people kissing on the streets, so I assume its not done," explained one expat living in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Almaty?
- What do I need to know before moving to Almaty?
- How do I find a place to live in Almaty?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Almaty?
- What is the average cost of housing in Almaty?
- How do I meet people in Almaty?
- What should I pack when moving to Almaty?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Almaty?
- Will I be able to find a job in Almaty?
- What is life like in Almaty?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Almaty?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Almaty?
- What is the social scene like in Almaty?
- What advice to expats in Almaty have about housing?
- What are medical services in Almaty like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Almaty?
- Is the cost of living in Almaty high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Almaty?
- Why do people move to Almaty?
Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Almaty accepting of differences?If you live in Almaty, newcomers to Almaty would love to hear your answer to this question.