Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Chisinau accepting of differences?
When we asked people about diversity in Chisinau and whether locals are accepting of differences, they said...
"Chisinau, the capital of Moldova, has some level of diversity, but it is not as diverse as many other European cities. The majority of the population is Moldovan, with smaller communities of Ukrainians, Russians, Bulgarians, Gagauz, and other ethnic groups. While the city has a mix of cultures and languages, it is still predominantly Eastern European in character. In general, people in Chisinau are accepting of differences, but the level of tolerance may vary depending on individual attitudes and experiences. Moldova has a history of coexistence among different ethnic and religious groups, which has contributed to a relatively tolerant atmosphere. However, it is important to note that discrimination and prejudice can still be found in some parts of society. Overall, Chisinau is a city where people with different backgrounds can live together, but it may not be as diverse or as accepting as some other European capitals," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Chisinau, Moldova.
"Foreigners (men) are very well tolerated by the feminine population and quite bad tolerated by men. They see this more as a competition: who is better? If you are just a normal guy (as a foreigner), who does not involve in conflicts, this means that you will be fine. Gays are not tolerated. Blacks are tolerated, but you will see just 0.000001% from the population," commented one expat who made the move to Chisinau, Moldova.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What do I need to know before retiring in Chisinau?
- What do I need to know before moving to Chisinau?
- How do I find a place to live in Chisinau?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Chisinau?
- What is the average cost of housing in Chisinau?
- How do I meet people in Chisinau?
- What should I pack when moving to Chisinau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Chisinau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Chisinau?
- What is life like in Chisinau?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Chisinau?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Chisinau?
- What is the social scene like in Chisinau?
- What advice to expats in Chisinau have about housing?
- What are medical services in Chisinau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Chisinau?
- Is the cost of living in Chisinau high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Chisinau?
- Why do people move to Chisinau?
Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Chisinau accepting of differences?If you live in Chisinau, newcomers to Chisinau would love to hear your answer to this question.