What do I need to know before retiring in Cambridge?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Cambridge, they said...
"Before retiring in Cambridge, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is higher than the UK average. They should also research the local housing market to find a suitable property, as well as the availability of healthcare and other services. Additionally, expats should familiarise themselves with the local culture and customs, as well as the language, to ensure a smooth transition. Finally, expats should consider the climate in Cambridge, which is generally mild but can be unpredictable," remarked another expat who made the move to Cambridge, England.
"I would tell them to either buy a bike or rely on public transportation. Parking and car ownership in and around the city can be expensive and frustrating. I would also say expect to spend more on housing here as it is a city in demand," explained one expat living in Cambridge, UK.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Cambridge?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Cambridge?
- Will I be able to find a job in Cambridge?
- What is life like in Cambridge?
- What do expats in Cambridge appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Cambridge?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Cambridge accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Cambridge like?
- What are healthcare services like in Cambridge?
- What are medical services in Cambridge like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Cambridge?
- What are emergency services like in Cambridge?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Cambridge?
- How are local medical facilities in Cambridge?
- As a foreigner living in Cambridge, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in Cambridge?If you live in Cambridge, newcomers to Cambridge would love to hear your answer to this question.