What do I need to know before retiring in Johannesburg?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Johannesburg, they said...
"Before retiring in Johannesburg, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is higher than in many other parts of the country. It is also important to research the safety and security situation in the area, as crime rates are higher than in other parts of the country. Additionally, expats should be aware of the local culture and customs, and be prepared to adapt to the local way of life. Finally, expats should research the availability of healthcare and other services in the area, to ensure they have access to the necessary resources," said a member in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"The biggest concern for this country is crime. You have to be careful and have to sacrifice a bit of freedom in terms of moving out," remarked another expat who made the move to Johannesburg, South Africa.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Johannesburg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Johannesburg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Johannesburg?
- What is life like in Johannesburg?
- What do expats in Johannesburg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Johannesburg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Johannesburg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Johannesburg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Johannesburg?
- What are medical services in Johannesburg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Johannesburg?
- What are emergency services like in Johannesburg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Johannesburg?
- How are local medical facilities in Johannesburg?
- As a foreigner living in Johannesburg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in Johannesburg?If you live in Johannesburg, newcomers to Johannesburg would love to hear your answer to this question.