What do I need to know before retiring in Accra?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Accra, they said...
"Accra is a great place to retire for expats looking for a warm climate and a vibrant culture. Before retiring in Accra, expats should research the cost of living and the availability of healthcare services. It is also important to familiarize yourself with the local laws and customs, as well as the language. Additionally, expats should consider the safety of the area and the availability of transportation. Finally, expats should look into the availability of recreational activities and cultural events in the area," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Accra, Ghana.
"Housing is extremely expensive so make sure that your company provides adequate housing allowance as even the most expensive properties are of low quality. If you do not have an adequate housing allowance you might end up in a not very pleasant part of town and in a house that is virtually uninhabitable. Cost of living here is generally very expensive," commented one expat who made the move to Accra, Ghana.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Accra?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Accra?
- Will I be able to find a job in Accra?
- What is life like in Accra?
- What do expats in Accra appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Accra?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Accra accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Accra like?
- What are healthcare services like in Accra?
- What are medical services in Accra like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Accra?
- What are emergency services like in Accra?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Accra?
- How are local medical facilities in Accra?
- As a foreigner living in Accra, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in Accra?If you live in Accra, newcomers to Accra would love to hear your answer to this question.