What do I need to know before retiring in Cairo?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Cairo, they said...
"Before retiring in Cairo, expats should be aware of the cultural differences between their home country and Egypt. It is important to research the local laws and regulations, as well as the cost of living in Cairo. Expats should also be aware of the security situation in the city, and take necessary precautions to ensure their safety. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as English is not widely spoken in Cairo. Finally, expats should consider the availability of healthcare services in the city, and make sure they have access to quality medical care," said a member in Cairo, Egypt.
- What should I pack when moving to Cairo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Cairo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Cairo?
- What is life like in Cairo?
- What do expats in Cairo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Cairo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Cairo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Cairo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Cairo?
- What are medical services in Cairo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Cairo?
- What are emergency services like in Cairo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Cairo?
- How are local medical facilities in Cairo?
- As a foreigner living in Cairo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in Cairo?If you live in Cairo, newcomers to Cairo would love to hear your answer to this question.