What do I need to know before retiring in Salwa?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Salwa, they said...
"Expats considering retiring in Salwa should be aware of several factors before making the move. Firstly, it is essential to understand the residency and visa requirements for retirees, which may include obtaining a sponsor and meeting specific financial criteria. It is also crucial to research the cost of living, including housing, healthcare, and daily expenses, as these can be higher than in other countries. Kuwait has a hot and arid climate, with extreme temperatures in the summer months, which may be challenging for some retirees. It is essential to consider the impact of this climate on one's health and lifestyle. Additionally, Kuwait is a predominantly Muslim country, and expats should be prepared to respect and adapt to the local customs, culture, and religious practices. This includes dressing modestly and being mindful of local laws and regulations. Healthcare in Kuwait is of a high standard, but it is essential to have comprehensive health insurance to cover any medical expenses. Expats should also be aware that some medications may not be available in Kuwait, so it is crucial to plan accordingly. The official language in Kuwait is Arabic, and while English is widely spoken, it can be beneficial to learn some basic Arabic phrases to help with daily interactions. Expats should also be prepared for a different pace of life, as the workweek in Kuwait runs from Sunday to Thursday, and businesses often close during the hottest part of the day. Finally, it is essential to consider the availability of social and recreational activities for retirees in Salwa. While there are various clubs, restaurants, and shopping centers, some expats may find the options limited compared to their home country. It is crucial to research and connect with other expats to build a social network and make the most of one's retirement in Salwa, Kuwait," commented one expat who made the move to Salwa, Kuwait.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Salwa?
- What do I need to know before moving to Salwa?
- How do I find a place to live in Salwa?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Salwa?
- What is the average cost of housing in Salwa?
- How do I meet people in Salwa?
- What should I pack when moving to Salwa?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Salwa?
- Will I be able to find a job in Salwa?
- What is life like in Salwa?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Salwa?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Salwa?
- What is the social scene like in Salwa?
- What advice to expats in Salwa have about housing?
- What are medical services in Salwa like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Salwa?
- Is the cost of living in Salwa high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Salwa?
- Why do people move to Salwa?
What do I need to know before retiring in Salwa?If you live in Salwa, newcomers to Salwa would love to hear your answer to this question.