What do I need to know before retiring in The Hague?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to The Hague, they said...
"Before retiring in The Hague, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is higher than the national average. Additionally, expats should research the healthcare system and the availability of medical services in the area. It is also important to understand the local culture and customs, as well as the language, to ensure a smooth transition. Expats should also consider the availability of public transportation and the cost of housing in the area. Finally, expats should research the local job market to ensure that they can find suitable employment if needed," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to The Hague, The Netherlands.
"With its international flavor and resources supporting expats, The Hague is what I think is a relatively easy city in which to find your way. It's also an easy starting place to travel throughout the Netherlands and a great place from which to visit other countries," commented one expat who made the move to The Hague, Netherlands.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to The Hague?
- Where should I setup a bank account in The Hague?
- Will I be able to find a job in The Hague?
- What is life like in The Hague?
- What do expats in The Hague appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in The Hague?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in The Hague accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in The Hague like?
- What are healthcare services like in The Hague?
- What are medical services in The Hague like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in The Hague?
- What are emergency services like in The Hague?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in The Hague?
- How are local medical facilities in The Hague?
- As a foreigner living in The Hague, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in The Hague?If you live in The Hague, newcomers to The Hague would love to hear your answer to this question.