What do I need to know before retiring in Wellington?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Wellington, they said...
"Wellington is a vibrant and diverse city, offering a range of activities and attractions for retirees. It is important to research the cost of living in Wellington, as it is generally higher than other parts of New Zealand. It is also important to consider the climate, as Wellington is known for its windy and wet weather. Public transport is reliable and efficient, making it easy to get around the city. Healthcare is also of a high standard, with a range of public and private options available. Finally, it is important to consider the cultural and social opportunities available in Wellington, as there is a wide range of activities and events to enjoy," remarked another expat who made the move to Wellington, New Zealand.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Wellington?
- What do I need to know before moving to Wellington?
- How do I find a place to live in Wellington?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Wellington?
- What is the average cost of housing in Wellington?
- How do I meet people in Wellington?
- What should I pack when moving to Wellington?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Wellington?
- Will I be able to find a job in Wellington?
- What is life like in Wellington?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Wellington?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Wellington?
- What is the social scene like in Wellington?
- What advice to expats in Wellington have about housing?
- What are medical services in Wellington like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Wellington?
- Is the cost of living in Wellington high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Wellington?
- Why do people move to Wellington?
What do I need to know before retiring in Wellington?If you live in Wellington, newcomers to Wellington would love to hear your answer to this question.