What do I need to know before retiring in Coronado?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Coronado, they said...
"Panama is NOT a good place for people with a "Service Dog" or a "Guide Dog". In general, many people are scared of all dogs because most dogs in Panama are GUARD DOGS for their property. Panama is behind the times in its thinking about "Service Dogs". In Canada (and the USA) all Service and Guide dogs are accepted everywhere. People who have such a "partner" really need that dog in their life. He is their "lifeline". They are highly trained and do not bother other people. Their main interest is the care of their owner! They DO NOT have "accidents" and they do not bother other people. 99% of the time they are very friendly with all people they meet. In Canada & USA the Service Dogs are fully accepted and allowed to go everywhere their owner wants to go. That includes all stores, clinics, businesses and restaurants. This is a fact of the 20th Century. Panama needs to catch up! These dogs are highly trained and get to need their owner as much as the owner needs them," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Coronado, Panama.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Coronado?
- What do I need to know before moving to Coronado?
- How do I find a place to live in Coronado?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Coronado?
- What is the average cost of housing in Coronado?
- How do I meet people in Coronado?
- What should I pack when moving to Coronado?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Coronado?
- Will I be able to find a job in Coronado?
- What is life like in Coronado?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Coronado?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Coronado?
- What is the social scene like in Coronado?
- What advice to expats in Coronado have about housing?
- What are medical services in Coronado like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Coronado?
- Is the cost of living in Coronado high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Coronado?
- Why do people move to Coronado?
What do I need to know before retiring in Coronado?If you live in Coronado, newcomers to Coronado would love to hear your answer to this question.