What should I pack when moving to Altea?
We asked people living in Altea to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Altea, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Bring comfortable, lightweight clothing that is suitable for the warm Mediterranean climate. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are also essential for protecting yourself from the sun. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items that will help you feel at home, such as pictures of family and friends, favorite books, and any other items that will make you feel comfortable in your new home. Finally, don't forget to bring any necessary documents, such as your passport and visa," commented one expat who made the move to Altea, Spain.
"After almost three months, I am still waiting for my third and final box to clear the Spanish postal service and customs. It has been so long, I can't even remember what items are in it. Besides those three boxes, I only brought two suitcases, so I brought very little. I was surprised I could not find US size wash cloths in Spain. And I would have brought quality zip-lock plastic bags. They are practically useless here," remarked another expat in Altea, Spain.
- What should I pack when moving to Altea?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Altea?
- Will I be able to find a job in Altea?
- What is life like in Altea?
- What do expats in Altea appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Altea?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Altea accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Altea like?
- What are healthcare services like in Altea?
- What are medical services in Altea like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Altea?
- What are emergency services like in Altea?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Altea?
- How are local medical facilities in Altea?
- As a foreigner living in Altea, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Altea?If you live in Altea, newcomers to Altea would love to hear your answer to this question.