What should I pack when moving to Olten?
We asked people living in Olten to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"Clothes, toiletries, kitchenware, linens, furniture, electronics, books, artwork, tools, cleaning supplies, pet supplies, important documents such as birth certificate and passport, bank statements and insurance policies, enough cash for the first few days until you get access to banking," remarked another expat who made the move to Olten, Switzerland.
"No particular things for myself - as I have a Swiss wife, she could very well prepare me for moving to and living in Switzerland. - There are no real needs to bring to Switzerland. Anything you need is available here as well. - Don't bring washing machines, tumblers, kitchen appliances, as they usually belong to / come with the house or apartment that you buy or rent. Moving these things is very unusual in Switzerland. - When you bring electrical equipment: check plugs and voltage. Swiss electricity comes at 230V/50Hz and plugs and sockets are of type "J", which means that any plug of type "C" or "J" will fit into a Swiss socket, and any other plug won't. - Switzerland is expensive. In particular, medicins, health care and body care products are very expensive. Many Swiss buy them abroad (in Germany) whenever possible. - Switzerland has the best public transport system of Europe, and one of the best of the world. Living without car may be very well possible for you in Switzerland - consider this when you plan to import a car," explained one expat living in Olten, Switzerland.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What do I need to know before retiring in Olten?
- What do I need to know before moving to Olten?
- How do I find a place to live in Olten?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Olten?
- What is the average cost of housing in Olten?
- How do I meet people in Olten?
- What should I pack when moving to Olten?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Olten?
- Will I be able to find a job in Olten?
- What is life like in Olten?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Olten?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Olten?
- What is the social scene like in Olten?
- What advice to expats in Olten have about housing?
- What are medical services in Olten like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Olten?
- Is the cost of living in Olten high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Olten?
- Why do people move to Olten?
What should I pack when moving to Olten?If you live in Olten, newcomers to Olten would love to hear your answer to this question.