What should I pack when moving to Geneva?
We asked people living in Geneva to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Geneva, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack warm clothing such as sweaters, coats, and scarves, as well as rain gear, as Geneva experiences cold, wet winters. Also, pack comfortable shoes for walking, as Geneva is a very walkable city. Additionally, pack items that will help you adjust to the culture, such as a Swiss-German dictionary and a guidebook to the city. Finally, don't forget to bring your passport and other important documents," said a member in Geneva, Switzerland.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Geneva?
- What do I need to know before moving to Geneva?
- How do I find a place to live in Geneva?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Geneva?
- What is the average cost of housing in Geneva?
- How do I meet people in Geneva?
- What should I pack when moving to Geneva?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Geneva?
- Will I be able to find a job in Geneva?
- What is life like in Geneva?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Geneva?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Geneva?
- What is the social scene like in Geneva?
- What advice to expats in Geneva have about housing?
- What are medical services in Geneva like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Geneva?
- Is the cost of living in Geneva high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Geneva?
- Why do people move to Geneva?
What should I pack when moving to Geneva?If you live in Geneva, newcomers to Geneva would love to hear your answer to this question.