What should I pack when moving to Baku?
We asked people living in Baku to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Baku, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack clothing that is appropriate for the hot summers and cold winters, such as light, breathable fabrics for the summer and warm, layered clothing for the winter. Bring items that will help you adjust to the culture, such as traditional clothing and items that reflect the local customs. Additionally, it is important to bring items that will help you feel at home, such as pictures of family and friends, favorite books, and items that remind you of home. Finally, make sure to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and other important paperwork," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Baku, Azerbaijan.
"Leave bicycles at home. Bring patio furniture, more clothing and shoes, dog food, cat food, and cat litter," commented one expat who made the move to Baku, Azerbaijan.
- What should I pack when moving to Baku?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Baku?
- Will I be able to find a job in Baku?
- What is life like in Baku?
- What do expats in Baku appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Baku?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Baku accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Baku like?
- What are healthcare services like in Baku?
- What are medical services in Baku like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Baku?
- What are emergency services like in Baku?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Baku?
- How are local medical facilities in Baku?
- As a foreigner living in Baku, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Baku?If you live in Baku, newcomers to Baku would love to hear your answer to this question.