What should I pack when moving to Paradise Island?
We asked people living in Paradise Island to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Paradise Island, you should pack light and comfortable clothing, such as shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, and sundresses, as well as swimwear for enjoying the beautiful beaches. Don't forget to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun. You'll also want to pack a light jacket or sweater for cooler evenings and air-conditioned spaces. Bring comfortable walking shoes, sandals, or flip-flops for exploring the island, and dressier shoes if you plan on going out to nice restaurants or events. Make sure to pack your passport, travel documents, and any necessary medications. It's also a good idea to bring a reusable water bottle, a beach bag, and a waterproof phone case. Finally, pack a power adapter if needed, as well as any electronics and chargers you'll need during your stay," explained one expat living in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
"Clothing appropriate for hot, humid weather, swimwear, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, sandals and comfortable shoes, insect repellent, rain gear, personal toiletries, important documents, a first-aid kit, any medications, an international adapter, beach towels, books, entertainment, and a camera," said another expat in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
- What should I pack when moving to Paradise Island?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Paradise Island?
- Will I be able to find a job in Paradise Island?
- What is life like in Paradise Island?
- What do expats in Paradise Island appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Paradise Island?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Paradise Island accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Paradise Island like?
- What are healthcare services like in Paradise Island?
- What are medical services in Paradise Island like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Paradise Island?
- What are emergency services like in Paradise Island?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Paradise Island?
- How are local medical facilities in Paradise Island?
- As a foreigner living in Paradise Island, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Paradise Island?If you live in Paradise Island, newcomers to Paradise Island would love to hear your answer to this question.