What should I pack when moving to Heidelberg?
We asked people living in Heidelberg to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Heidelberg, it is important to pack warm clothing for the winter months, as temperatures can drop below freezing. It is also important to bring a raincoat and umbrella, as the city experiences a lot of rainfall throughout the year. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring comfortable walking shoes, as Heidelberg is a very walkable city. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and other important paperwork," remarked another expat in Heidelberg, Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Heidelberg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Heidelberg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Heidelberg?
- What is life like in Heidelberg?
- What do expats in Heidelberg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Heidelberg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Heidelberg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Heidelberg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Heidelberg?
- What are medical services in Heidelberg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Heidelberg?
- What are emergency services like in Heidelberg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Heidelberg?
- How are local medical facilities in Heidelberg?
- As a foreigner living in Heidelberg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Heidelberg?If you live in Heidelberg, newcomers to Heidelberg would love to hear your answer to this question.