What should I pack when moving to Berlin?
We asked people living in Berlin to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Berlin, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and lifestyle. Pack warm clothing such as sweaters, coats, and scarves for the colder months, and light clothing such as shorts and t-shirts for the warmer months. Additionally, pack comfortable shoes for walking around the city, as well as an umbrella and raincoat for the frequent rain showers. Don't forget to bring a few items to make your new home feel like home, such as pictures, books, and other decorations. Finally, make sure to bring any necessary documents such as your passport, visa, and other important paperwork," said a member in Berlin, Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Berlin?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Berlin?
- Will I be able to find a job in Berlin?
- What is life like in Berlin?
- What do expats in Berlin appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Berlin?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Berlin accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Berlin like?
- What are healthcare services like in Berlin?
- What are medical services in Berlin like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Berlin?
- What are emergency services like in Berlin?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Berlin?
- How are local medical facilities in Berlin?
- As a foreigner living in Berlin, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Berlin?If you live in Berlin, newcomers to Berlin would love to hear your answer to this question.