What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
We asked people living in San Jose to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When packing for a move to San Jose, it is important to bring light clothing made of natural fibers such as cotton, linen, and wool that would be comfortable in the typically warm climate. Rainy season typically runs from May to November so make sure to bring a few rain coats and a good pair of waterproof shoes. Unless staying in a hotel, it is a good idea to pack a mosquito net, bug spray, sunscreen, and basic first-aid supplies. Include the necessary documents such as passport, visas, and any other important papers. Depending on where one is staying, it may also be necessary to bring some kitchen basics like utensils, pots and pans. Don't forget to pack a converter for any electronic devices that need to be plugged into a different voltage," remarked another expat in San Jose, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
"I'll give the tip that it's always a good idea to bring at least one professional/business attire type of outfit and perhaps formal wear. Costa Ricans ("Ticos") take a bit of pride on appearance and do not appreciate the fresh off the beach, "dirty gringo" look of most tourists if you are applying for a job, etc," said a member in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What do I need to know before retiring in San Jose?
- What do I need to know before moving to San Jose?
- How do I find a place to live in San Jose?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in San Jose?
- What is the average cost of housing in San Jose?
- How do I meet people in San Jose?
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do people like (and dislike) about San Jose?
- What type of social life can someone expect in San Jose?
- What is the social scene like in San Jose?
- What advice to expats in San Jose have about housing?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- Is the cost of living in San Jose high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in San Jose?
- Why do people move to San Jose?
What should I pack when moving to San Jose?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question.