What should I pack when moving to Tamarindo?
We asked people living in Tamarindo to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Tamarindo, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the tropical climate. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing such as shorts, t-shirts, and sundresses. Bring a hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. Bring comfortable shoes for walking and exploring the area. Don't forget to pack a swimsuit and beach towel for the many beaches in the area. Bring a raincoat and umbrella for the occasional rain showers. Finally, bring any necessary medications and toiletries," explained one expat living in Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
- What should I pack when moving to Tamarindo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tamarindo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tamarindo?
- What is life like in Tamarindo?
- What do expats in Tamarindo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tamarindo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tamarindo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tamarindo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tamarindo?
- What are medical services in Tamarindo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tamarindo?
- What are emergency services like in Tamarindo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tamarindo?
- How are local medical facilities in Tamarindo?
- As a foreigner living in Tamarindo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Tamarindo?If you live in Tamarindo, newcomers to Tamarindo would love to hear your answer to this question.