What should I pack when moving to Santo Domingo?
We asked people living in Santo Domingo to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Santo Domingoublic, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is appropriate for the warm, tropical climate. Bring comfortable shoes for walking and exploring the city. Sunscreen and insect repellent are also essential items. Additionally, it is important to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and any other paperwork required for your move. Finally, don't forget to bring any items that will help you feel at home, such as photos, books, and other personal items," wrote a member who made the move to Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic.
William Russell's private medical insurance will cover you and your family wherever you may be. Whether you need primary care or complex surgery, you'll have access to the best hospitals & doctors available. Unlike some insurers, we also include medical evacuation and mental health cover in our plans (except SilverLite). Get a quote from our partner, William Russell.
GET A QUOTE
"I wish I'd brought Cooking utensels, Spices for cooking, American Cable TV. There's nothing I wish I'd left behind," explained one expat living in Santo Domingo, Dominican Rep.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Santo Domingo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Santo Domingo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Santo Domingo?
- What is life like in Santo Domingo?
- What do expats in Santo Domingo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Santo Domingo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Santo Domingo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Santo Domingo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Santo Domingo?
- What are medical services in Santo Domingo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Santo Domingo?
- What are emergency services like in Santo Domingo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Santo Domingo?
- How are local medical facilities in Santo Domingo?
- As a foreigner living in Santo Domingo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Santo Domingo?If you live in Santo Domingo, newcomers to Santo Domingo would love to hear your answer to this question.