What should I pack when moving to Bayahibe?
We asked people living in Bayahibe to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Bayahibe, Dominican Republic, you should pack lightweight and breathable clothing due to the tropical climate. Include items such as shorts, t-shirts, and sundresses. Don't forget to pack a few swimsuits for the beach and pool, as well as a hat and sunglasses for sun protection. Pack a light jacket or sweater for cooler evenings or air-conditioned places. Comfortable walking shoes or sandals are a must for exploring the town and beach areas. Remember to pack all necessary toiletries, including sunscreen and insect repellent. It's also a good idea to bring any prescription medications you may need, as well as a basic first aid kit. If you plan on cooking, consider packing some of your favorite spices or non-perishable food items, as they may be hard to find locally. Don't forget to pack your passport, driver's license, and any other necessary identification. Also, bring copies of important documents like your birth certificate, medical records, and insurance information. Pack your electronics, such as your phone, laptop, and camera, along with the necessary chargers and adapters. Lastly, consider packing a few items to make your new place feel like home, such as photos, a favorite blanket or pillow, or small mementos," commented one expat who made the move to Bayahibe, the Dominican Republic.
- What should I pack when moving to Bayahibe?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bayahibe?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bayahibe?
- What is life like in Bayahibe?
- What do expats in Bayahibe appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Bayahibe?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Bayahibe accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Bayahibe like?
- What are healthcare services like in Bayahibe?
- What are medical services in Bayahibe like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bayahibe?
- What are emergency services like in Bayahibe?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Bayahibe?
- How are local medical facilities in Bayahibe?
- As a foreigner living in Bayahibe, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Bayahibe?If you live in Bayahibe, newcomers to Bayahibe would love to hear your answer to this question.