What should I pack when moving to Quito?
We asked people living in Quito to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"More books - not the Kindle I was given --personal effects, small paintings, items you love at home (small and transport friendly) Nothing in 2nd category," commented one expat who made the move to Quito, Ecuador.
"I wish I had brought digital camera, laptop and more books...I wish I had left home medicines (widely available and cheaper in Ecuador), basics like towel, socks, etc (also easily available), furniture (very beautiful pieces avialable locally)," remarked another expat in Quito, Ecuador.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Quito?
- What do I need to know before moving to Quito?
- How do I find a place to live in Quito?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Quito?
- What is the average cost of housing in Quito?
- How do I meet people in Quito?
- What should I pack when moving to Quito?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Quito?
- Will I be able to find a job in Quito?
- What is life like in Quito?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Quito?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Quito?
- What is the social scene like in Quito?
- What advice to expats in Quito have about housing?
- What are medical services in Quito like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Quito?
- Is the cost of living in Quito high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Quito?
- Why do people move to Quito?
What should I pack when moving to Quito?If you live in Quito, newcomers to Quito would love to hear your answer to this question.