What should I pack when moving to Cairo?
We asked people living in Cairo to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Cairo, it is important to pack clothing that is appropriate for the climate. Lightweight, breathable fabrics such as cotton and linen are ideal for the hot and humid weather. It is also important to bring a hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. Additionally, it is recommended to bring a few items of warmer clothing for the cooler winter months. It is also important to bring any necessary medications, as well as a first aid kit. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary documents such as a passport, visa, and other important paperwork," said a member in Cairo, Egypt.
- What should I pack when moving to Cairo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Cairo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Cairo?
- What is life like in Cairo?
- What do expats in Cairo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Cairo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Cairo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Cairo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Cairo?
- What are medical services in Cairo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Cairo?
- What are emergency services like in Cairo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Cairo?
- How are local medical facilities in Cairo?
- As a foreigner living in Cairo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Cairo?If you live in Cairo, newcomers to Cairo would love to hear your answer to this question.