What should I pack when moving to Athens?
We asked people living in Athens to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Athens, it is important to pack clothing suitable for the Mediterranean climate. Lightweight, breathable fabrics such as cotton and linen are ideal for the hot summers. It is also important to bring a few warmer items of clothing for the cooler winter months. Sun protection such as hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also essential for the sunny days. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items of furniture and kitchenware to make your new home feel more comfortable. Finally, don't forget to bring your passport and other important documents," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Athens, Greece.
- What should I pack when moving to Athens?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Athens?
- Will I be able to find a job in Athens?
- What is life like in Athens?
- What do expats in Athens appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Athens?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Athens accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Athens like?
- What are healthcare services like in Athens?
- What are medical services in Athens like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Athens?
- What are emergency services like in Athens?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Athens?
- How are local medical facilities in Athens?
- As a foreigner living in Athens, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Athens?If you live in Athens, newcomers to Athens would love to hear your answer to this question.