What should I pack when moving to Mussoorie?
We asked people living in Mussoorie to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Mussoorie, it is important to pack clothing suitable for the climate. Mussoorie has a subtropical climate, so lightweight clothing made of natural fabrics such as cotton and linen is recommended. It is also important to bring a good supply of sunscreen and insect repellent. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a first aid kit, as well as any necessary medications. Other items to consider packing include a flashlight, a power adapter, and a water filter. Finally, don't forget to bring a camera to capture all the beautiful sights of Mussoorie," remarked another expat who made the move to Mussoorie, India.
"Three things I wish I had brought: a good pair of winter slippers, because houses here are uninsulated, so the winters can be cooler inside than out; another set of good kitchen knives, since ones we have found here are not of very good quality; another pair of indestructible sandals from some of the big name brands, since here you can get cheap sandals custom-made...but they also require resoling, and have no arch support! Thee things I wish I had left at home: electric blanket, because even despite a transformer & converter, it still blew and now the fancy function doesn't work; our queen-size fitted sheets that we were told to bring, because you can't get fitted sheets here--only to find out that 'queen size' is really closer to king, it being two single beds pushed together; my winter coats, because you can manage just fine with a sweater and t-shirt, silk underwear and normal clothes, and so on - winter coats are a waste of space and it's not cold enough," explained one expat living in Mussoorie, India.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Mussoorie?
- What do I need to know before moving to Mussoorie?
- How do I find a place to live in Mussoorie?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mussoorie?
- What is the average cost of housing in Mussoorie?
- How do I meet people in Mussoorie?
- What should I pack when moving to Mussoorie?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Mussoorie?
- Will I be able to find a job in Mussoorie?
- What is life like in Mussoorie?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Mussoorie?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Mussoorie?
- What is the social scene like in Mussoorie?
- What advice to expats in Mussoorie have about housing?
- What are medical services in Mussoorie like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Mussoorie?
- Is the cost of living in Mussoorie high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Mussoorie?
- Why do people move to Mussoorie?
What should I pack when moving to Mussoorie?If you live in Mussoorie, newcomers to Mussoorie would love to hear your answer to this question.