What should I pack when moving to New Delhi?
We asked people living in New Delhi to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to New Delhi, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is appropriate for the hot and humid climate. Bring a few items of clothing that can be layered for cooler evenings. Pack a few items of traditional Indian clothing to show respect for the culture. Bring a few items of comfortable walking shoes, as well as a pair of sandals. Pack a few items of sun protection, such as hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Bring a few items of mosquito repellent to protect against mosquito-borne illnesses. Pack a few items of basic toiletries, such as soap, shampoo, and toothpaste. Bring a few items of basic medical supplies, such as pain relievers, antacids, and bandages. Pack a few items of entertainment, such as books, music, and movies. Finally, bring a few items of cultural items, such as souvenirs, postcards, and photographs," explained one expat living in New Delhi, India.
"I wished i had brought good mattress, good pillows, I should have not brought thick clothes and medicines," said another expat in New Delhi, India.
- What do I need to know before retiring in New Delhi?
- What do I need to know before moving to New Delhi?
- How do I find a place to live in New Delhi?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in New Delhi?
- What is the average cost of housing in New Delhi?
- How do I meet people in New Delhi?
- What should I pack when moving to New Delhi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in New Delhi?
- Will I be able to find a job in New Delhi?
- What is life like in New Delhi?
- What do people like (and dislike) about New Delhi?
- What type of social life can someone expect in New Delhi?
- What is the social scene like in New Delhi?
- What advice to expats in New Delhi have about housing?
- What are medical services in New Delhi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in New Delhi?
- Is the cost of living in New Delhi high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in New Delhi?
- Why do people move to New Delhi?
What should I pack when moving to New Delhi?If you live in New Delhi, newcomers to New Delhi would love to hear your answer to this question.