What should I pack when moving to New Delhi?
We asked people living in New Delhi to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to New Delhi, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is appropriate for the hot and humid climate. Bring a few items of clothing that can be layered for cooler evenings. Pack a few items of traditional Indian clothing to show respect for the culture. Bring a few items of comfortable walking shoes, as well as a pair of sandals. Pack a few items of sun protection, such as hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Bring a few items of mosquito repellent to protect against mosquito-borne illnesses. Pack a few items of basic toiletries, such as soap, shampoo, and toothpaste. Bring a few items of basic medical supplies, such as pain relievers, antacids, and bandages. Pack a few items of entertainment, such as books, music, and movies. Finally, bring a few items of cultural items, such as souvenirs, postcards, and photographs," explained one expat living in New Delhi, India.
"I wished i had brought good mattress, good pillows, I should have not brought thick clothes and medicines," said another expat in New Delhi, India.
- What should I pack when moving to New Delhi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in New Delhi?
- Will I be able to find a job in New Delhi?
- What is life like in New Delhi?
- What do expats in New Delhi appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in New Delhi?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in New Delhi accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in New Delhi like?
- What are healthcare services like in New Delhi?
- What are medical services in New Delhi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in New Delhi?
- What are emergency services like in New Delhi?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in New Delhi?
- How are local medical facilities in New Delhi?
- As a foreigner living in New Delhi, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to New Delhi?If you live in New Delhi, newcomers to New Delhi would love to hear your answer to this question.