What should I pack when moving to Bishkek?
We asked people living in Bishkek to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Bishkek, it is important to pack warm clothing, as temperatures can drop to below freezing in the winter months. It is also a good idea to bring a good supply of sunscreen and insect repellent, as the sun can be strong and the summer months can bring a lot of bugs. Additionally, it is important to bring a good supply of any medications you may need, as well as a first aid kit. It is also a good idea to bring a few items to make your new home feel more comfortable, such as pictures, books, and other items that remind you of home," wrote a member who made the move to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"I wish I had brought more of: my favorite beauty/toiletry items, non-perishable food/sauce mixes, coffee I wish I had left at home: my good shoes, pasta (there is plenty over here), skirts," explained one expat living in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Bishkek?
- What do I need to know before moving to Bishkek?
- How do I find a place to live in Bishkek?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Bishkek?
- What is the average cost of housing in Bishkek?
- How do I meet people in Bishkek?
- What should I pack when moving to Bishkek?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bishkek?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bishkek?
- What is life like in Bishkek?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Bishkek?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Bishkek?
- What is the social scene like in Bishkek?
- What advice to expats in Bishkek have about housing?
- What are medical services in Bishkek like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bishkek?
- Is the cost of living in Bishkek high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Bishkek?
- Why do people move to Bishkek?
What should I pack when moving to Bishkek?If you live in Bishkek, newcomers to Bishkek would love to hear your answer to this question.