What should I pack when moving to Riga?
We asked people living in Riga to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Riga, it is important to pack warm clothing, as the climate is cold and wet. A good raincoat and waterproof boots are essential for the rainy season. It is also important to bring a good supply of sunscreen and insect repellent, as the summer months can be quite hot and humid. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items of clothing that can be layered, as the weather can change quickly. Finally, it is important to bring a valid passport and any necessary visas or permits," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Riga, Latvia.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Riga?
- What do I need to know before moving to Riga?
- How do I find a place to live in Riga?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Riga?
- What is the average cost of housing in Riga?
- How do I meet people in Riga?
- What should I pack when moving to Riga?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Riga?
- Will I be able to find a job in Riga?
- What is life like in Riga?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Riga?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Riga?
- What is the social scene like in Riga?
- What advice to expats in Riga have about housing?
- What are medical services in Riga like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Riga?
- Is the cost of living in Riga high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Riga?
- Why do people move to Riga?
What should I pack when moving to Riga?If you live in Riga, newcomers to Riga would love to hear your answer to this question.